Water aerator is a device created to reduce water consumption in an apartment. It comes in the form of a faucet attachment. Promotes oxygenation and evaporation of chlorine from the liquid.
Let’s take a look at the principle of the device and find out if the nose is suitable for saving water.
What is the secret
Almost all mixers are equipped with a standard fan for:
- breaking the plane into small streams;
- saturating it with air;
- reducing the amount of spray that is distributed around the sink.
It is a fine mesh that is screwed into a faucet or mixer tube. This is the basic model.
How to save
To understand how water-saving gorges work, you need to understand their structure and how they work. The device consists of several parts:
- cover plate – restricts flow;
- mesh plate – saturates the flow with oxygen;
- a spring created to regulate water flow;
- inner and outer shell;
- screws for connecting individual units.
The device works due to the pressure change:
- the liquid, passing through the cover plate, creates a high pressure regulated by the mesh plate;
- air collects under the mesh, entering through the side walls;
- the stream mixes with the air.
The mixture is made in a ratio of 1: 3, which reduces fluid consumption.
Let’s find out if it is really helpful to use a water aerator. The main consumption is in the kitchen, shower and toilet. The device is intended for installation only on a water tap. You need water directly from the tap to wash your face, wash your hands or dishes. This accounts for about 10% of all consumption. You will not be able to save money by pressing a kettle or pot because capacity is important here.
Let’s look at an example. An average family of four consumes about 24 cubic meters of water. In the calculation, we will proceed from the fact that the indicators are equal for cold and hot water. Let’s take the average rates in Moscow:
- 130 rubles – hot water;
- 35 – cold;
- 30 – drainage.
Then it turns out:
(130 x 12) + (35 x 12) + (30 x 24) = 1560 + 420 + 720 = 2700 rubles.
10% of the total amount will be 270 rubles, taking into account that ventilation saves 50% – 135 rubles. But manufacturers promise to reduce water supply consumption by 50% overall.