WHAT IS A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE?
Recently, there has been a positive trend: more and more young people abandon addictions and follow the foundations of a healthy lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle is not only about special food or sports. A healthy lifestyle is a whole range of measures aimed at improving health and preventing pathological processes in the body. Compliance with the rules of healthy lifestyle can significantly increase life expectancy and improve its quality.
THE BENEFITS OF A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
A healthy lifestyle has a significant impact on immunity. According to a survey of those who have recently changed their lifestyle, after the start of a healthy lifestyle, well-being, mood has significantly improved and the worldview has changed.
In addition, striving to lead a healthier life contributes to the following improvements:
- The frequency of recurrence of chronic diseases is reduced;
- Upon awakening, there is no fatigue, a surge of strength is felt;
- There is an increased endurance in sports training;
- The frequency of colds decreases and their severity decreases;
- The skin becomes firmer and clearer.
In addition, studies show that this lifestyle can reduce the likelihood of developing a number of age-related diseases. In addition, this is a great example for loved ones, and, first of all, for children.
FUNDAMENTALS AND METHODS OF FORMING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
A healthy lifestyle has 7 main “pillars”: physical activity, balanced nutrition, absence of bad habits, hygienic care, good sleep and rest, wellness procedures and emotional mood. If you follow all these aspects, the quality of life and well-being are significantly improved.
Compliance with proper nutrition
The health of internal organs, appearance, well-being and immunity directly depend on what we eat. A healthy lifestyle involves the elimination of flavors, flavor enhancers, fatty foods, dyes and preservatives, or at least their reduction.
Here are the basic rules:
- You should not starve or overeat – both of them negatively affect your well-being. You can’t feel hungry and, conversely, overeat. Try to ensure that the daily calorie intake is 1700-1900 kcal (the norm for women leading a sedentary lifestyle, for men the daily calorie intake is about 300-400 kcal higher).
- Drink clean water. It is advisable to consume from 1.5 to 2 liters of water per day (not tea, coffee, juice, etc.)
- Cut back on sweets in your diet. If you want something sweet, give preference to fresh vegetables and dried fruits. You can also consume dark chocolate in moderation.
- Eat at least 4-5 small meals a day. At the end of the meal, there should be a feeling of slight hunger.
- The daily menu should contain meat or fish, vegetables and fruits, cereals, dairy products. Eat a variety of foods.
- It is advisable to have dinner at least 2 hours before bedtime. It is undesirable to eat immediately before bedtime.
- Eliminate fast food, fatty and smoked foods from your diet.
- Give preference to cooking, stewing or baking food.
If you have not followed your diet before, it can be difficult for you to make drastic changes in your diet. Try to start small – remove from the diet fatty sauces and foods that contain them, avoid flavor enhancers and chemical additives in food, give up instant foods, convenience foods, confectionery, increase the proportion of fruits and vegetables in the menu. Completing each of these steps will be a step towards a healthy diet.
Lack of physical activity leads to a decrease in the metabolic rate, the development of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, cardiovascular and neurological pathologies.
If your work is not about movement, try to increase the activity yourself. It is considered normal to be in motion for at least 1 hour a day (this is about 8000-10,000 steps). Scientists have proven that every minute of activity affects the state of the body in the long term – which means that even climbing stairs, rather than taking an elevator, already brings you closer to health.
Personal hygiene is one of the components of a healthy lifestyle. This primarily concerns the oral cavity. You need to brush your teeth at least twice a day, and pay attention to the entire oral cavity. In addition to the standard set of toothbrush and toothpaste, get an irrigator, dental floss and mouthwash. Failure to comply with these rules is fraught not only with the development of caries, but also with the threat of the development of periodontitis and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.It is also important to keep the house in order: regularly carry out wet cleaning, prevent the accumulation of dust, ventilate the rooms daily.
Compliance with the daily routine
Scientists have concluded that sleep duration and regularity are important for health and wellness. Everyone should sleep at least 7 hours a day. At the same time, it is advisable to fall asleep and wake up at the same time. Of course, sometimes you can make exceptions, for example, on weekends.
Nervous tensions, constant breakdowns, stress – all this negatively affects mood, well-being and health in general. Experts recommend adhering to the following tips:
- Don’t worry about what you can’t change. If you cannot cope with anxiety, seek help from a psychologist.
- Think positively, find positive moments in any situation.
- Do not hold evil, let go of all insults, do not envy and do not harm people.
- Try to avoid stressful situations.
HOW LIFESTYLE AFFECTS HEALTH AND LIFE EXPECTANCY
It is generally accepted that a habit is formed within 21 days. By following the rules above, you can form a habit that will help you prolong life and slow down the aging process. It is very important to observe the basics of a healthy lifestyle in a complex. That is, if you follow personal hygiene, play sports and eat right, but smoke at the same time, a bad habit can slow down positive changes.
The habit of living healthy
If you follow a healthy lifestyle, try to do everything possible to pass on a healthy habit to your children. Train your child to do the right thing from an early age.
- From an early age, send your child to the sports section.
- Go outdoors at least once a week.
- Sometimes I give up public transport and cars, and walk more.
- Visit your doctor regularly for a preventive examination of the body.
- Try not to accustom your child to fast food, sweets and products containing chemicals in the composition.
- From childhood, teach your baby the rules of personal hygiene.
- Involve your child in cleaning the house.
A healthy lifestyle should not cause discomfort, all actions should be a joy. Develop good habits gradually. First, get used to new food, then start doing exercises in the morning, etc. Over time, you will begin to feel better and calmer, and will be able to achieve goals that previously seemed unattainable.